GDPR COMPLIANCE NOTICE
This document refers to personal data, this is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The Data Protection Act (DPA), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 which is EU wide and far more extensive, seek to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain such as Companies House data.
We at Darver Castle care about how we process your data and below you’ll find transparency on how it all actually works.
Who We Are
Darver Castle is primarily a wedding venue with on-site accommodation provided, based in Dundalk, County Louth, Ireland. Darver Castle dates back to the 15th Century and is situated on 50 acres of fine parkland. It has been lovingly restored by the Carville family, who continue to care for it.
Darver Castle uses the information you provide to make telephone contact or to email you in connection with our business. Darver Castle will never use your information for anything other than its business-related queries. By making initial contact you consent to Darver Castle maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you opt. out (which you can do at any stage by letting us know via an email or a telephone call).
Some of your personal data may be collected from any forms and/or any surveys you may complete, from records of our correspondence, telephone calls and your visits to our website, including but not limited to personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol addresses (IP). Darver Castle may from time to time use such information to identify its visitors, we also hold the right to use these statistics to learn about the behaviour of visitors to our website.
Any information Darver Castle holds about you and/or your business, including but not limited to any sales transactions and/or any third-party information we obtain about you from public sources is encompassed internally and will never be shared with third party companies unless we required to do so for legal reasons.
Darver Castle will only collect the information that’s needed so that it can provide you with appropriate services, we will never sell or broker your data, although coincidentally there may be times when your information could be contained in data that Darver Castle has purchased from a third-party list broker, on behalf of a client.
Darver Castle operates CCTV. We collect and store images which are classed as Personal Information. Any data collected by our CCTV program is only used to monitor health and safety and to prevent fraud and loss. This data is stored on a secure server and will never be shared with any third parties unless we are required to do so for legal reasons.
Legal Basis for Processing any Personal Data
To meet Darver Castle’s contractual obligations to customers and suppliers and also to respond to any marketing and/or product/service enquiries (when applicable).
Legitimate Interests Pursued by Darver Castle and/or its Clients
To promote any products (when applicable) and marketing services offered by Darver Castle.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Darver Castle processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing email@example.com, phoning +353 (0)42 937 9466 or writing to us Readypenny, Dundalk, Co. Louth, Ireland, A91 RDX2. Full contact details can be found again at the end of this article and in the footer of this page.
Darver Castle may on occasions pass your personal information to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf. Darver Castle requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this privacy notice and GDPR’s compliance. We will not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement with the agency without your consent. However, Darver Castle may disclose your personal information to
meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental requests. We also hold the right to enforce our terms and conditions, including investigating potential violations of our terms and conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud, security or technical issues and/or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Darver Castle, its clients, staff and/or the wider community.
Darver Castle will process personal data during the duration of any contract/agreement and will continue to store only the personal data needed for six years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After six years any personal data not needed will be removed from our systems.
Any data collected is held on-site in Ireland. Darver Castle does not store personal data outside the EEA.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
At any point whilst Darver Castle is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects, have the following rights:
Right of Access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
Right of Rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to be Forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
Right to Restriction of Processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
Right of Portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
Right to Object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
Right to Object to Automated Processing, Including Profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
If an instance occurs where Darver Castle refuses any request(s) under rights of access, we will provide a reason as to why a refusal is being issued – the data subject has the right to challenge this decision legally.
Darver Castle, at your request, can confirm what information about you is being held and how it is processed. You can request the following information:
– Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (Darver Castle) that has determined how and why to process your data.
– The contact details of the data protection officer (where applicable).
– The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
– If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Darver Castle or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
– The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
– Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will or may potentially be disclosed to.
– How long the data will be stored.
– Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
– Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
– How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (www.dataprotection.ie)
– Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
– The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
– Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
– To access what personal data is held, identification for this will be required. Darver Castle will accept the following forms of ID when information of your data is requested: a copy of your driving license, passport and the utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document when or if required. If Darver Castle is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +353 (0)42 937 9466
Write: Readypenny, Dundalk, Co. Louth, Ireland, A91 RDX2
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed/handled by Darver Castle or its partners, you have the right to make a complaint to Darver Castle, if you do not get a response within 30 days, you may forward this complaint to www.dataprotection.ie.
Co. Louth, Ireland, A91 RDX2
Tel: +353 (0)42 937 9466
Fax: +353 (0)42 937 9969
Copyright Darver Castle – Ireland. All Rights Reserved © 2019