Important Notice | COVID-19 SANITATION PROCEDURE
The Team here at Darver have always had your best interests at heart for your celebration and never more so than now. At Darver Castle we are very aware of the need to look after the health and safety of all of our guests and staff and we are confident that we will offer a well-managed, safe environment for you and your guests on your wedding day.
This company policy includes the measures we are actively taking to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, Darver Castle has a duty of care for the health and well-being of our staff and guests and, as a result, we have had to put in place the following measures to help protect our employees and customers. This COVID-19 company policy is susceptible to changes with the introduction of additional governmental guidelines.
Guest and Employee Safety and Comfort
- Everyone, at Darver Castle including staff & guests, will be obliged to go through our daily screening process which will include a temperature check and log tracing information which will be gathered regarding health and social contacts. If a guest or employee’s body temperature reads above 38 degrees, they will be advised to seek medical assistance and may be refused entry.
- Additional safety equipment such as sanitisers and masks will be available upon request if required for our overnight guests.
- Employees will use protective equipment as required by regulations.
Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitation
- Please be assured that we have recently commenced training all of our staff in the new safety procedures that have been introduced by the Health Service. Everybody from office, kitchen, cleaning, bar, serving, gardening, maintenance, management and owners are all included.
- All bedrooms and public areas will be disinfected daily using “Tersano and Storm System-Spray” which distributes disinfectant solutions effectively and uniformly on surfaces. Furthermore, increased cleaning and sanitising has been implemented throughout the Estate with continuous cleaning protocols.
- We will increase the frequency of property-wide cleaning, placing extra focus on high-touch surfaces including public areas, the front desk, door handles, public bathrooms and areas restricted to employees. These areas will also be cleaned using our Tersano and Storm System-Spray
Social Distancing and Contact-free Measures
- To ensure social distancing is respected, our guests will notice that the layouts of our arrivals and breakfast rooms have been altered.
- Waiting staff will be required to keep a safe distance from guests where possible when serving. Food service staff will also wear masks during the service of food.
- Ensuring distancing on the dance floors, extra signage will be on tables and dance floor and we ask guests to respect physical distancing guidelines.
- We are adopting a ‘no handshake’ policy for the duration of Covid-19
- Contactless payment options will be encouraged.
- Prepayment of rooms prior to arrival to minimise checking in time at reception. This will allow for express check in and check out
- Sanitising stations will be available throughout the entire Castle Estate and near high touch points.
- We will open the windows and doors regularly to ensure open ventilation.
We have modified our cancellation policy for rooms that may be affected for the duration of Covid-19. No cancellation fees for accommodation bookings cancelled 48 hours prior to arrival until the end of 2020.
What happens if I begin to feel unwell during my stay?
If you or your family members feel unwell or experience virus-related symptoms, please contact reception immediately. A medical professional will be contacted to advise on the next steps, which will be aligned with current Government and Health guidelines.
Please contact us here at Darver Castle with any questions or concerns that you may have regarding your wedding / visit with us. We will try and provide you with support and advice on whatever you need, and we look forward to your arrival here in the future. We’re happy to answer any further questions you may have when considering a stay with us. All guests who attend weddings here at Darver Castle will also be requested to comply with the new procedures which are now in place for all weddings going forward when the estate is reopened. Recov Partners have assisted and will continue assisting in our reopening safely and thus ensuring we are best in class.
Aidan & Mary Carville